Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Little Smile.....

Our little Smiley is so precise.  He likes everything a certain way, his way.  To him, his way is logical and therefore it must be the only way, because it is the most logical.  It reminds me of someone else.....hmmmm.  Some of you may know who that is.

Anyway, I walked into the kitchen the other day to find this:



These are Smiley's alphabet beads from kindergarten. 
They are all in the top of the flour bucket, so neatly tucked into the indentation of the lid.
It just brought a smile to my face.  He is so much like his father.  Watching him grow helps me imagine what Drew must have been like as a little child.

Smiley and I had this conversation yesterday too. 
Me:  How was your day today?
Smiley:  Well, one thing bad happened.
Me:  Really?  What?
Smiley:  Well, I didn't come in from recess when the bell rang.  So next recess, I had to sit out for five minutes.
Me:  Oh, that is too bad.  Didn't you hear the bell ring?
Smiley:  Ya', I heard it.  I just didn't want to come in.
Me:  Hmmm.  Well, I guess now you know when the bell rings you had better come in, huh?
Smiley:  Yep.  When the bell rings, I have to come right in.
My thoughts:  Oh sweet, Smiley!!  Some hard lessons coming ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.