Sunday, June 12, 2016

Fern Canyon

Over Memorial Day, the kids and I went to Fern Canyon.  I hadn't ever been, even though we have lived here for more than 17 years now.  The drive is about an hour.  We packed up lunches and snacks so we could just spend the entire day out in the sun.  It was breath-taking and beautiful!  I have never seen anything like it!   I guess it is even famous for being where they filmed a part of Jurassic Park---maybe part two or something.  Anyway, we got all the way out there, then remembered that we hadn't brought any cash with us----they only accepted cash and checks.....bummer.  So we had to go back out into the nearest town and get cash, then back into the park----dirt roads in my mini-van.

Once we got there, we had a blast!  Here are some of the photos!












After our beautiful day, we drove out and got back on the road, deciding to head to the beach for an hour or so before heading home.  Instead, just as we hit the 101, our car broke down.  The check engine light started flashing at me, the car was running super rough and there was a burning smell I didn't recognize.  Fabulous!  I decided to pull the car over and call Drew.  He suggested that I limp the car along until I was closer to civilization, which was only another 3 miles. When we got there, we called a tow truck.

This is the truck that came to pick us up, minus the balloons and tinsel:
We only had to wait for two hours!  Drew ended up driving up to pick up the kids.  I drove them home in Drew's car and he rode with the tow truck driver.

The car was actually repaired by Tuesday morning!!  I LOVE my mechanics!!  Totally awesome guys!!  And it only cost us $150.00------so that made my little trip to Fern Canyon, cost us $210.00.  Bummer.  It was only suppose to be the tank of gas and entrance into the park.  Oh well.  We had a great time anyway!  And we will totally go back!

Spike Spike splashed, and splashed, and splashed in the water.  He was soaked!  But he had a ton of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.