Thursday, January 19, 2012

Faith vs. Fear


I have a couple of things that I know I am supposed to be doing but I have been procrastinating...........for years!  They are things that I think I can do but I am afraid----  Afraid of what is a good question.  Afraid of failure, afraid of success (the responsibilities and opportunities that come with it), afraid of judgement (from the unknown and from people I know and love), and probably another sack full of reasons.  Fear, doesn't come from the Lord: 2nd Timothy 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear....

Faith is the knowing things will be OK in spite of the fear.  Faith is understanding God's plan and wisdom is greater than mine and that regardless of the outcome, acting in faith will always bring me closer to where God wants me to be.  So why do I wait??

Yesterday, I was having this conversation with a friend.  We were discussing some of her issues and why she wasn't acting.......what was holding her back.  She asked out loud why she is waiting.  I told her it was fear....fear of all the things I mentioned above.  I realized that's why I was not acting too.  I had become paralyzed in those things because of my fear.  I am not afraid in other places.......but I am in those places.

As I left her house, I determined fear was not going to be the motivating factor any longer.  I set some specific goals.  I came home and poured my heart out to my Father in Heaven.  I plead for his help in those areas.  I will be working on my goals and making modifications if necessary so I can be successful.  I feel amazing and my heart is singing!  (Just like when I watch the movie Enchanted........  but that is a post for another day :-)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.