Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy, happy Birthday!!

Sport turns 17 today!!!!  Yea!!!

Here are a few Sport stories to remember.

When I found out we were expecting Sport, I cried and cried---probably because I had a 4 and 1/2 year-old, a 3 year-old and a 1 year-old.  I was still in school.  I think Drew had recently started working full-time.  I was overwhelmed and just didn't think I could manage having another baby.  Our first baby had four major surgeries and 7 minor ones within the first 3 years of his life, and had an anaphylactic allergy to nuts, the second one had a heart murmur and allergies, the third was allergic to corn--all corn, which was a major deal because he wouldn't sleep if he had any.  I really thought my plate was a full as it could be.  So when I found out another little soul was on his way, I cried.  I poured my heart out to Heavenly Father and told Him that if he was serious about sending this baby, I needed some things.  I needed a baby who was happy, who made me laugh, who brought peace to my soul, who didn't have a ton of allergies and who would sleep!!  He sent Sport.  He has been making us laugh ever since and has never given us a moment's grief as parents, other than he would never take a bottle EVER and for about three years he lived on peanut butter and jelly...... not so difficult.

When Sport was 1 and 1/2, we lived in a two-bedroom basement apartment.  All of the boys slept in one room.  After I put them down for the night, I heard boisterous laughter and wondered what the heck they were doing in there.  I opened the door to find Sport standing on his head in the crib with both of his feet holding onto the rails.  His brothers were in hysterics.

Sport has the best one-liners in the family.  One night (he was probably 12) we were having a family home evening discussion about choices in mortality, the consequences, and the different kingdoms of glory.  When it came out that those who make and keep all of their covenants will be the only ones admitted to the highest degree of glory and the rest would be angels.  Sport then turned to another brother who had not been making such fabulous choices and said, "Then you're going to be my ministering angel."  The whole family roared, thankfully, including the brother singled out.

Sport is very sweet and sensitive.  He is concerned for others.  He bears a stirring testimony which carries an abundance of the Spirit.  He is pure in heart.  He loves God and His son, Jesus Christ.

We love you Sport!  Happy Birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.