Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hope


I loved this short video about President Uchtdorf.  And here is the text it comes from:
The Infinite Power of Hope

So often we have difficult things in our lives that makes it hard for us to believe and continue to move forward.  Like President Uchtdorf, I have learned that I can put my faith and hope in the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Those principles give me hope too.  And in that hope, I can keep moving forward through the darkness, until my path is again illuminated with light.

President Uchtdorf:

We learn to cultivate hope the same way we learn to walk, one step at a time. As we study the scriptures, speak with our Heavenly Father daily, commit to keep the commandments of God, like the Word of Wisdom, and to pay a full tithing, we attain hope. 28 We grow in our ability to “abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost,” 29 as we more perfectly live the gospel.

There may be times when we must make a courageous decision to hope even when everything around us contradicts this hope. Like Father Abraham, we will “against hope [believe] in hope.” 30 Or, as one writer expressed, “in the depth of winter, [we find] within [us] an invincible summer.” 31




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.