Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Orange Medicine

Sunday evening Smiley told me that he had a headache and wanted some ibuprofen.  No problem.  I got him some.  Then Spike told me that he needed 'orange medicine', because we buy the liquid kind for the little guys.  I couldn't think of why Spike would need it, except that Smiley was getting some.  So I told him that he didn't need it.

All day on Monday, Spike didn't really eat.  By the end of the day, he had eaten 8 Ritz crackers, 1 banana, and 1 avocado, and several glasses of water or coconut milk.  He kept telling me he was hungry, but then he wouldn't eat.  (He usually only does that when he is teething, but I thought all of his teeth were in.)
naturallycurly.com

Lately he has also quit taking naps, since about Christmas time, so we have been putting him to bed between 7 and 8 p.m.  Last night, I was at basketball practice with Shorty when Spike fell asleep and went to bed.  By the time I got home, only about 8:45, he was awake again and crying.  I had the thought he just might need some ibuprofen.  I fixed some up and took it to him.

I brought it into his room, while he is crying on his sister's lap in his bed.  "Do you want some orange medicine?"
amazon.com

"Yes."  And he took it and drank it without complaint.  Then he was ready to lay down and go to sleep.  I laid down beside him, covered him all up, put medicine of his itching feet.  He started to breath deeper.  Then he said, "Thank you giving me orange medicine."

I felt so bad.  He did need orange medicine.  "Have your teeth been hurting?"

"Yes."  So sorry little baby!!!

"I am sorry I didn't listen to you last night.  I should have given you some.  Sometimes I need to listen better."

And off he went to sleep.  Silly mother.  Sometimes you don't know it all and you should listen to your two year-old!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.