Sunday, March 9, 2014

I'm Finished!!

beinglds.blogspot.com (thanks Jocelyn!)

Yesterday I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the umpteenth time.  I have no idea how many times I have actually read it.  Every time I do, I am still amazed at the number of insights I have.  Even though I know the majority of the stories inside, outside, up and down, I find new pieces, golden nuggets of information that help me with my life today.  Perhaps it is because I am a different person every time I read, so different passages of scripture just hit me differently each time.

If you have not yet read this book, I suggest you start today.  If you do not have access to a hard copy, you can find one online (right here).  If it is not in your language, you can change that.  In the search bar of your internet browser, where it says 'lan=....', mine says 'eng' (English) if I change it to 'spa' then it is in Spanish.  I do not know all of the language codes, but I'm sure you can figure yours out, just try a couple of them.

I have a testimony of this wonderful book!!  It is a record and a history of a family who became two great nations.  Over the generations of people (the book spans 1000 years of history, 600 BC to 400 AD, and includes an abridged version of the record of another people, the Jaredites, in the book of Ether) hearts are hardened, societies changed, wickedness ensues, and then hard times come and the people soften their hearts, repent, and begin to be righteous and prosper, until greed and envy overtake them again and the cycle repeats itself.  But some of their stories of lasting change are amazing!!

I can see how principles in the Book of Mormon apply to me today.  They help me to make better choices in my life and help me have the courage and determination to make the changes necessary and bring my life into harmony with the laws of God.  My heart is changed and I am turned more to the Savior through the words of the incredible men in this book.  I cannot wait to meet them one day and thank them for their diligence in keeping their records so I could have them and my children and grandchildren can know where to turn to for peace and happiness in their lives.

mormonwiki.com
I want to leave a similar legacy.  I want my children and grandchildren to know that I am a woman of faith.  That I have been willing to stand tall and true and to be obedient even when it was hard and I wasn't sure I could do it.  I want them to know that my strength and determination comes from my personal relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ, just as those men and women in the Book of Mormon.  Like Nephi, I want to say, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."  2nd Nephi 25:26

I am so grateful for the continued influence of the Book of Mormon in my life.  I never tire of it.
lds.org

Last year I finally read the Bible from cover to cover.  I hope to make that a regular reading also.  Yea for the scriptures!

PS.  If you would like a hard copy, shoot me an email carin.buildingeternity@gmail.com and include what language you speak/read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.