Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day!

Yes, I know it's a little late, but whatever!  Things are just busy here and I cannot always keep up.  (Just ask the kids or Drew about the laundry......................)

So my sweet little ones, and the not so little ones, showered me with gifts on Mother's day.  I received personally made stationery and pens, notes of appreciation, stuffed animals, silhouette necklaces, breakfast, cards, and phone calls.

It was kind of interesting trying to speak with our missionaries, as both phone calls/skype came in during church.  The one in Brazil, we couldn't manage making changes to mostly because the scheduling is a little tighter in the MTC on Mother's Day.  For us, church starts at 1.  The phone call was suppose to come in at 2.  So after the intermediate hymn, the counselor conducting made the announcement that he would be the concluding speaker, but that wasn't the reason the Bishop and all of his family were leaving.  He explained our circumstances to the congregation, and we left.  I was already in the foyer with Spike, because during the sacrament, he kept yelling "NO!" at the top of his lungs.

We tried to skype with our missionaries.   After 15 minutes of trying to get skype to work from Brazil, we finally gave up and used the cell phone.  Scuff only got to talk to us for 10 minutes before they were telling him he needed to go or be late for the devotional.  We were only expecting 15 minutes anyway, as there are plenty of missionaries in the MTC or the CTM as they say in Brazil, who want to speak to their mothers.

We then made our way back to the chapel.  If we lived farther away, that would have never worked.  I got there just in time to do my sharing time in primary, and made my presentation to the junior primary.  Then I did it again for the senior primary and left again about 20 until 4, grabbed Spike out of nursery, and Sun out of young women's, and let the Bishop know we were on our way home for the 4 o'clock skype with Tammy.  Her call came in a little late.  If we had known that, we could have stayed for the rest of our block.  We had a great conversation!  We love her!  She is doing so well and looks so good and so happy!

We finished off with Tams, and then Drew and I headed back to the chapel to take in the Spanish sacrament meeting.  That has been kind of funny.  It is just a small, small group, but the entire meeting is in Spanish.  I had a whopping one year of high school Spanish and my husband is fluent in German.  So we are there mostly to support the other bishop, who speaks Spanish fluently, conducts the entire meeting, blesses the sacrament, and is usually the speaker.  It reminds me of the year we spent in Oklahoma where we attended a branch of the church.  I felt like the same people spoke all the time.  Oh wait!  That's because they did!  Those of us who only have to speak every few years, really have nothing to complain about!

Anyway, that was our Mother's Day!  I hope you had a great one too!  See you on Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.