Friday, September 21, 2012

"O Babylon, O Babylon, We bid Thee Farewell..."

So this week, I watched the CES Fireside from Elder Holland.  You can watch it here!!  It is amazing and wonderful!!  I had wanted to embed it here in the blog, but cannot make that happen right now.  So just click the link and watch it....totally worth your time.  If you don't have time for the singing and opening stuff, jump 14 minutes into it and he starts speaking right around there.

In 2006, I was serving in the Young Women's organization.  We highlighted this talk by Elder Gibbons and I made the girls these 'for sale signs' to take home and remind themselves that we need to remove ourselves from Babylon.  After watching the fireside, I decided I needed to dust mine off and maybe even hang it in the family room.

Have a great week celebrating the family!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.