Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Maybe moving.....Day 11, 12 & 13

This is so crazy trying to keep up 'two' blogs in essence.  I have not done too much with moving.  I finally got a hold of one of the schools we are looking at and I am suppose to phone conference with her on Monday.  Tuesday we will drive down there for the interview Wednesday morning.

We did manage to get a hold of two bishops, one from the immediate area and one from half an hour away.  We are considering commuting.  Crazy, I know.  It isn't really crazy.  A lot of people do it.  We just haven't had to.  But the commuting bishop sounds like a lot of fun.  He offered to give us a free house and a driver if we moved into his ward.  (He has been the bishop for five years and is ready for Drew to come down there and take his place and he is kidding, of course! :-)  Anyway, we are making arrangements to meet with both bishops and to look at houses in both areas during our interview trip.  Slim will stay home with the kids and hold down the fort here and make sure everyone is fed and goes to school, etc...

I have to admit, I am a bit nervous.  I love meeting new people, but I hate re-establishing myself and the family somewhere else.  I am totally spoiled!  Having lived here for 16 years and visiting the same doctors and same dentists, I have been here longer than some of them.  They know me.  They know my family.  I am not a number, I am a person.  I love that!!  I am all about relationships---whether that is with my family, ward members, teachers, or doctors.  I work on those relationships, and my effort pays off in the service my family receives.  I don't want to give that up!!

I think that is one of the things we give up when we limit the number of children we have (I am talking on a society basis, don't take offense!), or how much time we spend on the computer as opposed to person to person relationships, or how long we live in a particular area, community or neighborhood.  We need each other.  There is a certain richness to life that is lost when we don't know our neighbors and those within our communities.  And by 'know them' I don't mean just know who they are.  I mean, we know them, about their life, their families, their beliefs, and their feelings.  When we know those things, we understand better, a person's motivations, or their desires, or what will touch their heart and help them change their feelings.  Sure, it also makes us more vulnerable, which I assume, is why we don't risk ourselves in those relationships.  But you know what I have found?

Almost all of the people I interact with are kind and just trying to figure out this thing called life.  They are people.  They make mistakes.  I am 'people' too, and I make mistakes, just like the rest of you.  But when I try to repent and apologize and cut people a break because they can make mistakes too, and not hold a grudge against them, life is amazingly good and wonderful, and emotionally rich!!  Now I just get to uproot my family and build that again somewhere else, which is hard.

But along the way, I meet more wonderful people who become my dearest, dearest friends, people I learn to love, people who enrich my life and make me a better person because of our shared experiences.  There's my soap box!

Today's moving agenda:  Do the laundry, goo-gone the floor, get rid of extra clothing and sporting equipment, wash a few windows, my favorite!

PS  I wrote this post on the same day as the other post with all the Redwood trees.  Can you find that one?  This beauty has been my home for 16 years!!!  And I spent all my girls' camp years in the Redwood trees!!  I LOVE those trees!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.