Sunday, August 16, 2015

He is the Way!

When things weren't feeling quite right during girls' camp, I asked myself what was wrong, what was missing?  Sometimes I don't feel right and I have to think about what I am feeling and then analyze why I am feeling that way.  Sometimes I find that my feelings are wrong, i.e. something I thought wasn't right, or I didn't have all of the information, or even though those were my feelings, I wasn't thinking about the situation properly.  I needed to adjust my feelings.

Other times, I recognized that my feelings were trying to tell me something.  Such was the case at camp.  As I pondered on 'day 2' what my feelings were, I realized that in all of my camp experiences (up to that point) there had been no mention of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Now, it is pretty hard to plan an entire camp based in spirituality and not talk about the Savior.  To be honest, it should be difficult for all of us to have any kind of a lesson and miss the point of testifying of our Savior and His Atonement.  However, sometimes in our culture with the vast amount of information, scriptures, videos, quotes, commentaries, personal experiences, that can accompany our lessons, it is pretty easy to talk for 20-50 minutes and not talk about the Savior.  Yet, when we do that, we are doing a huge disservice to Him and to our audience.

This is His church, His doctrine, His way.  2nd Nephi 31:21 states:

And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

The preface to that is pretty much the entire chapter, teaching about Christ's baptism, and obedience, and how if we want the life He lives, we need to become the kind of person He is by following the example He set and repenting of the things we have done wrong and changing to become like Him.  And there is no other way.

If that is true, that there is no other way, then how important is it that in all of our teaching and testifying we should always bring our audience back to the Savior and His atonement?

I just wanted to add my witness.  I love my Savior.  I love Him because I understand that without Him and what He did, I could not return to live with my Father in Heaven, ever.

I would write more, but I am late :-)



1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.