Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Quilt top

I finished my quilt top!!!  And I am almost finished with the back :-)

Yea!!

Here are some photos!






Here is a closeup of the boarder.  I did a strip boarder.  This isn't too bad for my first quilt!!

And here is what I am doing for the back.  I just used material I already had at home.  I am only going to buy batting and binding.  Pretty exciting!!  I think I am most excited because this is how quilting got started in the first place.  People just used the old scraps they had and put them together to make their bedding.  This entire quilt is pieced together from just that---left overs, or things just sitting in my closet!  Super exciting!!  Here is the back:
Not super beautiful, but not bad for leftovers!
Have a great day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.