Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Christmas present for his birthday.

This year, I have been totally on top of Christmas!  I finished Slim's and Tam's presents right around Thanksgiving and actually mailed them two days before Thanksgiving!!  Yea for me!!

Well, Slim's birthday is at the beginning of December and this year, because he turned 25 and is more of an adult, and because things are tight here and we help him out in other ways, I didn't buy him a birthday present.  So he decided to open Christmas for his birthday because, well, it was there.  Yes, seriously.

So since his present is open, I can show you what it is and what I have been working on for the past three months that has kept me away from blogging.  Ready?  Here it is:


I made Slim a quilt!  I had to purchase the sashing material (in between the squares), the batting, and the sheet for the back, and the string to tie it, but other than that, the other materials I already had.  The sheet was a huge score!!

I went to pick up Speedy and Sun from the mall and while I was there I had the feeling I needed to go into Ross.  I couldn't think of anything I needed, but felt prompted so I obeyed.  When I got in there I said, "I don't know why I am in Ross or what I am looking for."  'Just keep looking, you will figure it out.'

Alright.

So I walked around the clearance, clothes for Spike, glasses, dishes, towels, nothing.  Then I found the sheets and thought, 'Oh ya', I probably should look at sheets for my quilt.'  Then I saw them!  An entire twin bed set!!  For $15.00!!!  SCORE!!!  I knew Slim would love them, and they matched!  So that is what I have been spending my time doing for Slim.

He does love it!  And he told me yesterday that his bedroom is all decked out in Star Wars now and he gets to see the movie release twice this weekend!  He is super excited.

Here at home, we have been preparing for the release of the movie also.  I had not seen Episodes 1, 2, and 3--the newer released ones.  So last week, we started with 1 and are working our way through the episodes.  Tonight or tomorrow is Episode 5.  My children have informed me that I am watching them in the wrong order.  I however, do not really care.  They say you watch them like this: 4, 5, 2, 3, 6 and then 7.  None of them like Episode 1 and they feel it is unnecessary and a waste of time.  I liked them though.

Anyway, now you know!

Many happy holiday wishes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.